Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

It's Not Good-bye


In the Christian life, you never have to say good-bye.
It's just a small separation until you can be together again.
 
 
Zach's grandpa passed away this past week-end.  He was a kind, gentle, hard-working man who loved his family and lived his faith.  Zach's sister, Jill, wrote a beautiful tribute to him.  Instead of finding my own words, you can read hers by clicking here.
 
And although I know that Grandpa Thomas is at peace in his heavenly home, I also feel sadness.  Sadness for his wife of almost 70 years who lost her husband.  For Zach's mom and aunts who lost their father.  For his grandchildren and great-grandchildren, friends and family, who will cherish the memories.  I am sad that Briggs will never get to know his amazing Pop, and that my girls will have limited memories of the special time that they had with this man who loved them.

I am sad, but not for Grandpa Thomas.  He is home.  And I know that this isn't good-bye.  It's just a small separation until we are all together again.  And that gives me peace in the midst of sadness.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for your sweet Blog too. It meant a lot to me. Love you

    ReplyDelete