Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Monday, August 24, 2015

Spelling Tests

At school this week, Staley's class is going to be learning about the letter 'A'.  So today Staley and I were talking about the letter 'A', the sounds it makes, and different words that start with 'A'.  We talked about Adelie and Ariel and apple and airplane and alligator.  Then Staley said, "And iguana."  I replied, "Iguana actually starts with an I" (and then proceeded to make the short 'i' sound to illustrate my point.)  Staley responded, "No.  Sometimes I just call them guanas, so I meant it's A guana, and that starts with A."

Have I mentioned that this girl doesn't like to be wrong, is always thinking, and always has an angle? 

Lord help us when she's a teenager.


1 comment:

  1. Better than my daughters response to talking about starts with the letter "a" which was "I dont know" (or care). learning is not her top priority, obviously. Or playing with the kitchen set.

    ReplyDelete