Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Saturday, August 1, 2015

St. Jude Run

It's not just a run.  It's not just a fundraising event.  For my husband, the St. Jude Run is a very personal passion.  Zach lost his childhood best friend, his cousin Luke, to cancer at just 15 years old.  Since that time, supporting St. Jude and the work that they do to support families and pioneer research in childhood cancer has been a priority for my husband. 


For the past 3 years, Zach ran the Washington to Peoria Run.  This year, however, he and Luke's cousin from the other side of the family (who also now lives in Eureka) decided to start a Eureka to Peoria run.  They put in many hours of planning and work to put together this inaugural run, and it paid off with over 40 runners and a team total of $63,000 raised for St. Jude. 

 

I am so proud of my husband.  I am proud of his leadership, work ethic, and vision that culminated in an amazing event.  I am proud of the time and effort he put into training and fundraising with an individual total of 24 miles run today (one mile for each year that Luke has been gone) and an individual fundraising total of $6,000 (which was twice his previous total).  And I am so amazed by my husbands heart, selflessness, and passion that can take a loss in his life and turn it into something great.
 
Their dad is a St. Jude Runner, and we couldn't be more proud!


No comments:

Post a Comment