Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Saturday, September 19, 2015

How Old?

Staley has recently been very interested in thinking about what age she'll have to be to do various activities that she's not old enough to do now.  She'll often ask, "How old do I have to be to ________?"  And that blank can be filled in with everything from "drive a car" to "play outside by myself" to "go to Disney World" to "sleep on a top bunk."  The other day, we had this conversation:

Staley:  "How old do I have to be to get a horse?"
Me:  "You'll have to have your own house and your own barn and your own money to buy a horse."
Staley:  "So I'll have to be a grown up?"
Me:  "Yup."
Staley:  "When I'm a mom, I'll let my kids get a horse at whatever age they want."

And I'm putting that in writing so if her kids read this blog someday, they'll know exactly where Staley stands on the issue of getting your own horse.

#greatestmomever
#I'llaskyouagainin30years

1 comment:

  1. When we were little my brother wanted a dog, and when my parents said no he said he'd have 6 dogs when he was an adult. He's only got 2 though :D

    ReplyDelete