Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Thursday, October 1, 2015

20

How can it be that 20 years have passed since I graduated from high school?  Was it really so long ago that I was sitting in class, passing notes with friends, spending my Saturdays at cross country meets, and hanging out at Friday night football games?  I've probably forgotten much of what I memorized for tests, but can still remember the secret code I developed with my friends based on the periodic table.  I haven't been on a basketball court in years, but still harbor strong feelings against El Paso and U-High because of our basketball rivalry.  It's been years since I've seen many of my classmates, but reminiscing with them this past week-end made me remember why I have so many fond memories of high school.


This past week-end was full of time spent with old high school friends.  From the Homecoming parade and the Friday night football game to a tour of the high school and our reunion dinner, I thoroughly enjoyed catching up with my classmates.  Truthfully, I enjoyed it more than I really thought I would. 


The highlight for me, however, was spending some quality time with two of my best high school friends, one of whom I've only seen once since high school.  Despite the time that has passed, we picked up right where we left off.  We caught up on each others' lives, reminisced about old times, laughed a lot, and took a literal walk through our old stomping (and camping, hiking, swimming) grounds.  It's only fitting that our walk down memory lane ended with picking burrs off our clothes and crawling under a barbed wire fence.  It's nice to know some things never change.

1995

2015




1 comment:

  1. Oh I was so hoping you'd post pictures! Thank you! Love it and I'm still sad I missed seeing you!

    ReplyDelete