Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Monday, November 30, 2015

In the Spirit

I love Christmas.  I love the music.  I love the decorations.  I love the shopping.  I love the Christmas programs and advent calendars and lights and cookies and stories and activities. I just love it all.  I used to be a Christmas purist, complaining about how early all the Christmas "stuff" went up in the stores and refusing to put up our decorations before December.  But that was before kids.  I've always felt the joy of Christmas, but with kids, it's just intensified because my joy feeds off of their joy and excitement.  And so now I figure, why wait????

It's the last day of November.  But we've been listening to our Christmas CDs for the past 3 weeks.  We've watched "How the Grinch Stole Christmas."  We've checked out Christmas books from the library.  We've done most of our Christmas shopping.  We bought our tree.  We've decorated.  We've been singing Christmas songs.  And today, we even made Christmas cookies.

Decorating the tree...

...by putting multiple ornaments on the same branch.

Pretty excited about making Christmas cookies.

And pretty serious about decorating them.

Yes, it's only November.
 
But we're already in the Christmas spirit around here.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment