Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Saturday, December 26, 2015

Christmas Surprise...or Not

A few weeks ago, Zach took the girls to pick out Christmas gifts for me.  That evening, Staley told me that they had gotten me slippers.  I reminded her that she shouldn't tell me what they got as it's supposed to be a surprise.  We then had this conversation:

Staley:  "Well, we got you something else too and the other thing will be your surprise.  Do you want me to tell you what it is?"
Me:  "No. I want it to be a surprise when I open it on Christmas."
Staley:  "I'll just give you a hint."
Me:  "No!  I want to be totally surprised.  I don't want a hint."
Staley:  "Okay.  This is not a hint, but it might be jewelry."

I may not have been totally surprised on Christmas morning when I opened the slippers and necklace that the kids had gotten for me, but their enthusiasm and excitement about what they had picked out was the best part.  Staley is an enthusiastic and thoughtful giver.  But a good secret-keeper?  Not so much.


No comments:

Post a Comment