Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Home Sweet Home

After 57 hours without power, 2 nights spent away from home, several restaurant meals, and multiple activities (like showers and putting on make-up) completed by flashlight, it's so good to be back in our warm, well-lit, fully functioning home.

But I am also thankful.  Thankful that Zach's parents were willing to host a "family sleepover" for two nights.  Thankful that we had access to several generators to keep our fridge and freezer running.  Thankful that we didn't have damage to our house or water in our basement.  Thankful that we stayed safe and warm.  Our days without electricity were inconvenient, but they also made me grateful for what we usually take for granted.  I am thankful.  I am blessed.  And I am happy to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment