Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Saturday, December 26, 2015

Our Christmas: A Celebration in Pictures

Oh, joy!  It's Christmas morning!!

Hmmm...  This toothbrush is pretty cool...

...but boxes and wrapping paper are the best!!

I wish I had a video of the squealing and shrieking in excitement when Staley opened her gift.  I do have a video of one of the MANY rock shows Staley has already put on.  To add to the excitement, Staley also got a recorder (she calls it her flute) AND a karaoke machine with actual, working microphones at my family Christmas later in the day.  She is officially rock star ready!!

The only consistent thing on Adelie's Christmas list was this Ariel doll.  Winner, winner!

I was most excited to reveal to our kids that we are going to Disney next month....a trip I've been planning for close to a year.  The reveal itself (opening a big box with this sign, a countdown calendar, and Disney shirts) was a bit anti-climatic.  I guess opening up an idea isn't nearly as fun as opening up a toy.  But their excitement has been building ever since.  Maybe soon it will match mine.  :)

One of my favorite things about Christmas is watching the joy my kids have in giving gifts to others.  I think they get as excited about giving their gifts as they do in opening their gifts...and that just makes my heart happy.  This year I took each girl to Dollar General so they could pick out a gift for the other.  Adelie got Staley this little diary set, and Staley LOVED it.  She spent a long time on Christmas morning writing out her plans for the rock show she was going to put on.  

After naps, we enjoyed family Christmas with my side of the family.  This was a fairly successful cousin picture with the "bigs".

Adding in the "littles" makes it a bit more difficult.

The girls ended Christmas wearing one of their favorite gifts of the day...new fancy princess jammies from Uncle Ethan.

Although I didn't get a wonderful picture of my 3 kids together...and although we had our fair share of toddler tears...and although my son cried through much of present opening at the big family Christmas...and although I ate WAY too many Christmas goodies, it was still a wonderful Christmas full of family and love and laughter and joy and the knowledge that our Savior was born.

Merry Christmas!







No comments:

Post a Comment