Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Sunday, December 6, 2015

Reality

This week-end, the girls spent the night with their grandparents on Friday night, not coming home until after lunch on Saturday.  Saturday morning was a nice, relaxing time spent playing with Briggs and getting things done around the house.  When the girls came home on Saturday, Briggs and Adelie took nice naps while Staley rested and I got a few more things done.  By late Saturday afternoon, I was feeling rested and relaxed.  I even mentioned how good I was feeling to Zach.  Saying it out loud was just tempting the universe.

It wasn't even an hour later that Zach was napping upstairs, Briggs was throwing a fit in the kitchen, Adelie had an accident on the play room floor, and dinner was burning on the stove.  I should probably just remove "rested and relaxed" from my vocabulary, because "crazy and chaotic" is more my reality.  But I do appreciate those rested and relaxed moments, short as they might be, to help me be ready to handle all the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment