Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Generosity?

About a week after Christmas we acquired two big Barbie houses that our neighbors were getting rid of.  The girls were so excited!!  But I told the girls that we would only keep one and would give the other one away.



After a day of playing, I asked the girls which house they would like to keep.  Adelie replied, "I like them both."  I answered, "I know that they are both fun, but we are only going to keep one.  Which one do you want to keep and which one should we give away?"  Adelie thought for a second and then offered this suggestion:  "I like them both.  We could give away some other toys...like Briggy's cars."

I'm not sure being generous with other people's stuff is exactly the spirit of giving I was hoping for.

No comments:

Post a Comment