Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Monday, January 11, 2016

Happy Birthday, Staley!

Wasn't it just yesterday??

Wasn't it just yesterday that you were born, filling my heart in a way I didn't know was possible?

Wasn't it just yesterday that you amazed me with your every first, growing up right before my eyes?



Wasn't it just yesterday that your smile was quick and ready and lit up my life?

Wasn't it just yesterday that I reveled in experiencing life through your wonder-filled eyes?


Wasn't it just yesterday that you showed me what a great big sister you could be?

Wasn't it just yesterday that your big imagination filled all our days with wonderful adventures?

Wasn't it just yesterday that I blinked and you turned into an opinionated, independent little girl?

Wasn't it just yesterday that you started pre-school, showing me your confidence and independence as you excitedly started your school journey with enthusiasm?

Wasn't it just yesterday that you turned 4 as I struggled with how 4 years could have possibly flown by already?

Wasn't it just yesterday that you insisted on telling everyone that you were 4 and a half, not wanting to mistaken for the young 4 year old you once were?

And now you are 5!  You still fill my heart in ways I didn't know were possible.  Your smile still lights up my life.  You are the wonderful big sister that I always knew you would be.  I still rejoice in your firsts, enjoy the adventures that your imagination brings, and see your confidence and independence shine through in everything you do.  You are growing up so quickly, but you are still my baby girl.

Happy Birthday, my Staley!
I love you!





No comments:

Post a Comment