Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Monday, January 4, 2016

Honesty Isn't Always the Best Policy

The other day, Adelie and I were both washing our hands and we had this conversation:

Adelie:  "You have big hands."
Me:  "Yep.  My hands are bigger than yours."
Adelie:  (knowingly) "Because you're a grown up."
Me:  "That's right.  My hands are bigger because I'm a grown up and you're a kid."

(a few moments later)

Adelie:  "You have a big belly too."
Me:  "Do you think that's because I'm a grown up?"
Adelie:  "No.  I think it's because you eat too much and have a tummy ache."

New Year's Resolution #1:  Have a smaller belly
New Year's Resolution #2:  Teach my daughter when honesty might not be the best policy

1 comment:

  1. Oh Adelie!! This made me spit out my water just now!! I think you look great Ellen :). This is the same kid who said I looked like a Disney princess so I'm not sure she has the most accurate perceptions!

    ReplyDelete