Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Friday, January 29, 2016

Magical Moment of the Day

We are home.  Tonight when Uma and Papa stopped by, the girls were beside themselves with excitement as they were telling Uma and Papa all about our trip.  They had so much to tell them about each ride and each character and the meals and the hotel.  They couldn't wait to show them each and every autograph that they got.  It was so fun to see the excitement and joy that they brought home from this trip.  And Staley asked me if I still had each little memento she acquired along the way...her wishing star and her Tomorrowland Speedway driver's license and the little "gold doubloons" from the Disney Jr. show.

 
I know the trinkets will soon be lost.  I know the excitement will fade.  I know the girls probably won't remember all the magical moments from this trip, or as time passes, even the trip at all.  But I will.  I will remember the way their faces lit up when they got their first glimpse of a princess or character.  The way they jumped and clapped with excitement during the parades.  The way they couldn't wait to try a new ride, or to ride a favorite over and over again.  I won't forget the way Adelie stared in awe at each character she met.  The way Staley was so proud of riding a roller coaster that she couldn't wait to tell everyone all about it.  The way Briggs made friends wherever he went, whether it was with people on the bus or waiters or princesses or characters in costume.  It was a magical vacation, and I won't ever forget it.

Because how can you forget this moment?
 
This joy?
 
This face?
 
I do believe in the magic of Disney, and these magical moments will be forever etched in my memory...and my heart.
 
 


1 comment:

  1. Love it!!! I'm so glad you guys had a magical trip- more disney fans in the family :) we are planning another trip in late 2017 if you guys wanted to join us!

    ReplyDelete