Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Thursday, February 18, 2016

Someday

I love the ages my kids are right now.  There are so many little moments that I enjoy in each day.  I love how all my kids still sit on my lap to read books.  How my girls will happily hold my hand in public and snuggle with me on the couch.  How my baby rests so perfectly under my chin, happily cuddling in as he sucks his thumb.  I love how Briggs is saying new words and making new connections every.single.day.  How Staley loves to practice her reading and writing in preparation for Kindergarten.  How Adelie wraps her little wiry legs around me when I pick her up.  These ages are full of joy and enthusiasm and learning and growing.  It's just so fun.  But there are also things that I look forward to as my kids grow; things that I know will happen someday.

Someday I will be able to take a shower uninterrupted.
Someday my kids will be able to take care of their middle-of-the-night needs on their own.
Someday Briggs will stop eating things off the floor.
Someday Adelie won't cry every time I ask her to use the potty.
Someday I'll be able to just feed myself at a meal.
Someday I won't have to leave 5 minutes early to get everyone buckled into their carseats.
Someday saying "no" will actually make Briggs stop what he's doing.  And Adelie too.
Someday a week-end trip won't require packing up half the house.
Someday minor things won't send my children dissolving into a puddle of tears.
Someday less of each meal will end up on my children and the floor.
Someday the door will stay closed when I'm using the bathroom.
Someday my house will be diaper-free.

I am not wishing away these days that I have right now.  I love these ages and stages that my kids are in.  But there are definitely some days when I can't help looking forward to someday and thinking about how nice that will be.

Someday photo attempts with my children won't end like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment