Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Friday, May 27, 2016

Really???

A little taste of a day in the life with Adelie:

When I was getting out of the shower this morning, Adelie came into the bathroom crying and told me that she hurt her belly.  I asked her how she got hurt.  Her response?  "I was jumping from the step stool onto Staley's bed and I missed."  Really???

Today at breakfast, I noticed Adelie tipping her half-full glass of milk up to her ear.  When I told her to put it down, she replied, "But this is my phone and I'm still talking."  Really???

After breakfast when Adelie was supposed to be bringing her dishes to the counter, I noticed her bowl on the floor with a little milk and cereal spilling out of it.  I asked what happened.  She told me, "My bowl was kind of heavy so I just threw it on the floor."  Really????

When we came in from playing outside to eat lunch today, I saw Adelie spitting.  When asked about it, Adelie informed me, "I was licking the dirt on my leg, but it was gross, so I spit it out on the floor."  Really????

Today after naps, we were all playing in the living room.  Suddenly, Adelie said, "Briggs bit my toe."  When I asked why he had bitten her toe, she replied, "Because I put my foot on his face."  Really???

At dinner tonight, Adelie took a bite out of her napkin.  When Zach asked her why she did that, Adelie responded, "To see if mom gets angry if I eat my napkin."  Really???

After dinner tonight, Adelie informed me, "It has to be bath night tonight.  I have corn stuff all over my legs."  Really???

There is never a dull moment with this one, but I sure do love her.
Really!!!




1 comment:

  1. This is so hilarious!! I love that you are documenting these silly things. I'd love to be her preschool or kindergarten teacher...they're gonna hear some good stuff!!

    ReplyDelete