Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Sunday, May 22, 2016

Validation

I had a garage sale on Friday and Saturday this week.  While I set up and manned the sale, Zach was in charge of the kids.  Now Zach is a very hands-on dad and jumps right in when he is home from work and on the week-ends.  He'll have the kids for part of a day or an evening on his own and always enjoys his time with them.  But by lunchtime on Saturday, he said, "Can we please switch?  I'll man your sale if you will do lunch and naps.  I don't know if I can handle much more."  Jokingly, he added, "You don't know how exhausting having all 3 kids on your own for a whole day can be."

I smiled a little as I got the kids fed (while simultaneously cleaning up the mess they had made in the kitchen that morning, picking up the house, and starting some laundry) and put them down for naps.  Because although I know my husband appreciates all I do, seeing him worn down and begging for a little reprieve gave me more validation than a sincere "thank you" ever could.

No comments:

Post a Comment