Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Question of the Day

The transition to Staley's all day, every day Kindergarten schedule has been rough...on Adelie.  She can't really verbalize her specific feelings.  I know she misses her sister.  I know she is jealous of all the new things that Staley is doing.  I know her days seem emptier, lonelier, and less fun without Staley to play with.  I know that Adelie doesn't have the capacity at 3 to understand and verbalize these feelings.  She has been doing what 3 year olds do when life throws them a curveball.  Driving me crazy! Since Staley started school, we've had lots more Adelie tears, Adelie not-listening, Adelie boundary-pushing, Adelie sassiness, Adelie defiance, Adelie attitude.

And so the question of the day:

If I just sent Adelie to school all day with Staley, do you think anyone would notice?  Because I think it would make at least 2 of us a lot happier.

I sure do love this little gal, but she's wearing me out!
Here's hoping this phase passes quickly.
Very, very quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment