Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Monday, August 1, 2016

St. Jude Run

Yesterday, I ran 28 miles. 


Yesterday, I spent time with old friends.


Yesterday, I made new friends.


Yesterday, I was surrounded by amazing people.


Yesterday, I cried. 


Yesterday, I laughed.


Yesterday, I thanked God for my 3 healthy children.


Yesterday, I prayed for those who are not.


Yesterday, my heart broke for those who have lost.


Yesterday, I was so proud of the way my husband's tireless efforts over the past year came to fruition with another flawless run day.


Yesterday, I was thankful for the way my town supports its members.


Yesterday, I was humbled by the amazing generosity of our family and friends.


Yesterday, I was a part of something so much bigger than me.


Yesterday was the St. Jude Run.


I cheered for Zach when he ran for 3 years from Washington to Peoria.  I watched him pour his heart into planning the inaugural Eureka to Peoria run last year.  I rejoiced with him when Eureka set a record last year for the most money earned EVER by a first year team.  I listened as he made changes to make the second year of the run even better.  I knew what the St. Jude Run was all about.  But all my knowledge didn't prepare me for the experience of the day.  My muscles were sore, but my heart was full.  So very full.

Together, Zach and I (with so much support from our family and friends)...

Ran 53 miles and raised $15,000 to help the Eureka run raise $119,000 which contributed to all the runs raising $5 million which combined with the telethon to raise $9,832,035...all to help the kids of St. Jude.  I am so thankful that I could be a part of that, and am already excited for next year.



No comments:

Post a Comment