Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Mom of the Year

Well, the votes are in and it's not my year...again.

The other day, Staley was going through the recycling, looking for a picture she had colored that she couldn't locate.  She stumbled upon a big stack of school papers, colored pictures, and drawings that were hidden underneath the newspapers and magazines.  (Oops!!)  Zach was in the kitchen making lunch and they had this conversation:

Staley:  "Oh no!  Why was this in the recycling?"  (holding up one of her pictures that she had found)
Zach:  "I don't know, honey.  I didn't put it there."  (Thanks, Zach, for throwing me under the bus.)
Staley:  "I think every little bit Mommy puts a bunch of my pictures in the recycling.  And they are nice pictures that I still like."
Zach:  "Well maybe it was just an accident."
Staley:  "Putting pictures in the recycling is not an accident.  It's mean!"

If my choice is between being mean or keeping every one of the literally hundreds of childhood artifacts created here on a weekly basis, I think I might just have to go with mean.  However, I'm planning to go with choice #3, which is a more discrete method of disposal.







No comments:

Post a Comment