Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Sunday, October 2, 2016

3 for 3

When Zach and I were preparing for our Hawaii trip, the girls were so excited about the prospect of having the whole week with both sets of grandparents.  They couldn't wait for us to leave.  At the time, Briggs didn't understand what was happening and couldn't verbalize his feelings about it either way.  I like to think that he would have said, "Don't go, Mama.  I'll miss you too much."

This afternoon, he made his feelings perfectly clear.  My parents stopped by as we were finishing lunch.  After lunch, Briggs said, "Grammie.  Come.  Play room.  Sit."  So Briggs and my mom walked into the playroom and sat down to play.  The rest of us followed them in there.  Looking up, Briggs said, "Bye-bye, Mama.  Bye-bye, Dada."

So even my baby boy has decided that grandparents trump parents.

Ouch, buddy.
Ouch.



No comments:

Post a Comment