Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Sunday, October 2, 2016

Money Talk

Staley lost another tooth this week-end.  She got 8 quarters under her pillow.  I heard her telling Adelie, "I got 8 monies.  I think that's a dollar."

Later Zach and Staley were discussing how many quarters make a dollar.  Zach pulled out 8 more quarters from the coin jar to illustrate his lesson.  After they were done with the little math lesson, Staley picked up the quarters off the table and put them in her pocket.  They had this conversation:
Staley:  "I'm going to buy something with this."
Zach:  "You're going to buy something with my money?"
Staley:  "It's not your money.  It's everybody's money."
Zach:  "No, it's my money."
Staley:  "I think it was my reward for doing so well in the math game."
Zach:  "I never said that."
Staley:  "Well I said it."

That's one way to make some money.  I love my little gal who boldly makes her own rules.

This afternoon during rest time, Staley was making tickets for a show that she is planning.  When she was showing them to me, each ticket had a number and some of the tickets had a face on them.  Staley explained to me, "The tickets with the happy face are on sale.  The tickets with no face are the normal price.  And the tickets with the sad face are really expensive."  It would be nice if stores employed that system.  It would make it much easier to know if you're getting a good deal.

I love seeing the world through the eyes of my children.  Life is so much more fun that way!!








No comments:

Post a Comment