Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Election Day

Today is election day.  And even though the thought of either one of our two primary presidential candidates being the leader of the free world makes me feel sick to my stomach, I still think it's necessary for our children to see us exercising our right to vote.  This morning Zach was educating Adelie on voting and the election.  He talked about the president and congress and that they are the leaders of the country that make the rules.  Zach finished telling her all this, and Adelie was silent for awhile, mulling it over.  Then they had this conversation:

Adelie:  "I want to be the presenter."
Zach:  "Do you mean the president?"
Adelie:  "Yeah, that!  I want to be that."
Zach:  "Well that's great, but you have to be a grown-up to be president.  You'll have to wait until you are older.  But by tomorrow morning, we'll know who our new leaders are."
After a short pause, Adelie asked, "Will it be me?"

Unfortunately no.  Although I have no doubt that Adelie has more integrity, honesty, and maturity than either of our presidential candidates.


1 comment:

  1. I would have voted for her!!! In fact, I think She would be a great president. She's opinionated, has lots of energy, smart, friendly, and very likable.

    ReplyDelete