Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Sunday, November 27, 2016

Keeping You Humble

The other night when Zach got home from work, Adelie exclaimed, "Daddy, you look really handsome!"  Then Staley chimed in, "Yeah, but handsome people usually have hair."

One day this past week I went running in some colorful running tights.  When I came home, Adelie said, "Your pants look like cotton candy.  But they smell like stinky, yucky cheese."

Adelie was playing with one of Zach's hats the other day.  She told him, "This hat smells like you."  Zach said, "What do I smell like?'' Adelie's response?  "Dirt."

The other morning, the girls and I were playing a game where we'd draw something and the other two would have to guess what you were drawing.  I drew an elephant, and Adelie commented, "You are good at drawing elephants.  Except for the trunk.  You are really bad at that."

Nothing like the honesty of kids to keep you humble.

No comments:

Post a Comment