Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Interview with a 6 Year Old

Favorite color:  Teal
Favorite food:  Chicken tenders
Favorite dessert:  Ice cream
Favorite toy:  Grace (American Girl Doll)
Favorite stuffed animal:  Teddy (formerly known as Yellow Bear)
Favorite animal:  Kitty cat
Favorite game:  Spot It
Favorite TV show:  Elena of Avalor, but I don't really like TV shows.  I only watch a show when Adelie and Briggs are watching it.
Favorite movie:  Hero of the Year (DC Superhero Girls movie)
Favorite place to go:  School
Favorite thing about school: I have lots of friends
Favorite place for vacation:  Disney
Favorite thing to do with Adelie:  Play a game where I'm the big sister and she's the baby
Favorite thing to do with Briggs:  Play cars and fire trucks
Favorite thing to do with Mommy:  Read
Favorite thing to do with Daddy:  When Daddy teases me
Favorite book:  Grace
Favorite princess or superhero:  I'm not really into princesses, but my favorite superhero is Big Barda
Favorite outfit:  Supergirl shirt
Favorite pajamas:  My cozy ones with the penguins

What do you think you'll be able to do when you are 6?  Get a better score on the MAP test
What are some things you're excited about doing when you're 6?  Be in first grade, Rising Stars, Stage Kids
What are you scared of?  Heights
What's the best thing about you?  I'm pretty
What are you good at?  Balancing on the tire at the playground
Who is your best friend?  Emma (a friend from school) and Adelie
What do you want to be when you grow up? Police officer

Does the fact that she wants to do better with academic testing balance out the fact that she thinks the best thing about her is being pretty??  We might need to really bring focus to those other positive traits we're trying to instill so that the fact that she's smart, brave, kind, generous, thoughtful, helpful, and sweet might come to her mind next year before being pretty.  Not that I should really over-analyze a top-of-her-head answer to a 6 year old interview, but that answer made me feel like I've failed just a little bit.








No comments:

Post a Comment