Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Sunday, February 12, 2017

Adelie Quotes

It's so hard to keep up with all the amusing or sweet or cute things that my kids say and do.  It seems like they are always keeping me laughing, especially my Adelie.  Here are some recent Adelie quotes:

The other day Adelie had something on her face.  (No surprise.)  Since we were walking on our way to pick up Staley from school, I did the mom thing where you lick your finger to try to clean your child's face.  As I was trying to clean off whatever it was on her face, Adelie exclaimed, "Mom!  Why are you putting lick on me?"
#newnoun

The other morning at breakfast, I kissed Adelie on the top of her head.  Then I said, "Your hair smells really good.  You smell nice and clean from your bath last night."  Without missing a beat, Adelie said, "Smell my bottom next." 
#nothanks

Recently Adelie has been asking lots of questions about God and Jesus.  The other morning we were talking about how God made people.  Adelie asked how God knew how to make people.  I told her that God just decided how he wanted people to be and he's the one who decided to give us 2 arms and 2 legs and 2 eyes and a mouth and a nose.  Adelie said, "I wish God would take this nose off and give me a different one."
#thatscalledplasticsurgery

I sure do love this sweet girl!!




1 comment: