Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Friday, February 10, 2017

Buddies

I know that I have had many posts about the friendship that my girls have.  I love that they are sisters, roommates, playmates, and best friends.  But with Staley away at school during the day, Adelie and Briggs are developing their own special relationship.

Both my girls are doting big sisters to Briggs.  They are generally very sweet and helpful with him.  They love to giggle about cute things he says or does.  They generally tolerate when he wants to join in with them in play.  But lately Briggs and Adelie have been playing more and more together.  She still often takes on the role of big sister, helping him find things or reach things or set up his toys.  But they now will play together as well.  They like to wrestle.  They like to get into boxes or laundry baskets and pretend they're in boats.  They will play figurines or Paw Patrol or stuffed animals together, making their figures talk to each other.  They will look at books together, sometimes with Adelie "reading" to Briggs.  More and more, I can take my shower uninterrupted in the morning while they play together in Adelie's room.  (Oh, what a refreshing change!)


Now I'm not trying to pretend that it's always happy and lovey and sharey between my kids.  Briggs doesn't always like to share, and Adelie has a penchant for playing with Briggs' favorite toys just to make him mad.  But it's fun to see their relationship grow.  Staley and Adelie may still be best friends, but Adelie and Briggs are becoming good buddies as well. 

Buddies!

No comments:

Post a Comment