Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Monday, May 29, 2017

Happy Birthday to Me

This past week-end Zach and I enjoyed a slightly belated 40th birthday celebration with a week-end get-away to Chicago to see Hamilton.

Three words.  A-MAZ-ING!!  I loved it.  I love going to the theater.  I especially love musicals.  And I apparently especially, especially love historical rap musicals about one of America's founding fathers.  If all of my history lessons in school were this engaging and entertaining, I would have remembered a lot more about them.

Although Hamilton was the highlight, the whole week-end was altogether lovely.  We slept in.  We went for a run along the lake front.  We ate long, leisurely meals at places that didn't have kids menus or high chairs and where the food looked like this...

...and tasted even better.

We wandered around the city.  We enjoyed street performers and people watched and talked and relaxed.  We met up with my brother, Ethan, for dinner.  And we even enjoyed a (very chilly) night-time skyline cruise where we got to watch the fireworks off Navy Pier from our boat out on Lake Michigan.

Thanks to my hubby for a fantastic birthday week-end!

And thanks to Chicago for providing the perfect place for it to happen.
What a great 40th!!


No comments:

Post a Comment