Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Sunday, May 21, 2017

Potty Training?

I was not looking forward to potty training Briggs.  I'd heard that boys are harder.  They potty train later.  It takes longer.  And I really don't enjoy potty training...at all.  I hadn't intended to start thinking about it until after we got back from our family vacation in June.  And then Briggs just decided that he might as well go ahead and get the party started.

On Monday this past week, Briggs told me he needed to use the bathroom 2-3 times with enough time to make it there.  So I just started taking him on a regular basis.  Every time I took him, he went. He stayed mostly clean and dry the whole day.  On Tuesday I got him some big boy underpants.  On Wednesday we busted them out.  Briggs thought his Thomas undies were great.  Since then, he's been using the bathroom regularly when we take him and has had very few accidents.  He's not initiating much on his own and doesn't seem at all bothered when he does have an accident, but it's definitely been a successful (and pain free) start to the process.

And he sure does look cute in his undies.

No comments:

Post a Comment