Physically-YES! I'm big and uncomfortable and tired and contracting. I have a hard time bending over, I get weird leg pains, and I rarely can go more than 30 minutes during the day without a bathroom break. And based on the Peanut's continued pushing and rolling around, I'm guessing he/she is ready for a little more room as well.
Logistically-Getting there. Peanut's nursery is pretty much done, I washed all the newborn and 0-3 month gender neutral clothes, and Zach brought up the baby equipment (carseat, swing, bouncy) from the basement and I've started to clean that up. Am I packed? No. Do we have a definitive girl's name? Not yet. Have I made the freezer meals I've intended to? It's still on the agenda. But we're getting there.
Emotionally/Mentally-I think so. I'm so excited to meet this new little person. I can't wait to hold my baby, to see who has been sharing my personal space all these months. I am anticipating the day that Staley finally gets to meet her new sibling, who will hopefully one day be a best friend. I know there will be new struggles and moments that I feel overwhelmed, but the fear is fleeting and the excitement is taking over.
So ready or not, Peanut will be here soon.
Staley in her carseat at 1 month
Same girl, same carseat...2 years later.

