There were days when I was overwhelmed with two. Days that I wondered if I could handle three kids. Days that I worried that three might be too hard.
Then God gave us you.
I didn't know if I was prepared to do it all again. The pregnancy. The anxiety. The surgery. The recovery. It was going to be hard.
Then God gave us you.
I thought having another girl might be easier. We know girls. We have all the girl things we could ever need. I thought another girl might be nice.
Then God gave us you.
Was I ready to start all again? The sleepless nights. The constant nursing. The crying and diapers and irregular schedule. Was I prepared?
Then God gave us you.
And God knew exactly what he was doing. The second I heard your cry, the moment they laid you in my arms, my heart was filled to overflowing with my love for you. There is nothing--no surgery, no anxiety, no schedule, no sleeplessness--that I wouldn't take on for you. I know without a doubt that you are the child God has chosen for our family. My beautiful baby boy, I couldn't love anything more.
I prayed daily for you. For this child I was carrying. I asked God to keep you healthy. I asked God to keep us safe. I thanked God for the blessing of another child.
And God gave us you.
What a true blessing you are!!




