Adelie, taking after her big sister, has started demonstrating more of a preference for what she wants to wear. This morning, Adelie told me (like she does every morning) that she wanted to wear something "super fancy." I picked out some pants and a sweatshirt since it was supposed to chilly out today. Adelie burst into tears and said, "That's not really, really, really, super twirly." (Luckily, I pointed out that the heart on her sweatshirt was super fancy and she got over it. I don't know if I can handle two opinionated dressers.)
The other day I was holding Briggs up on my shoulder when he spit up all over me. I said, "Oh, buddy." Adelie asked, "Why you say 'oh, buddy'? I told her, "Oh, Briggs just spit up all over my shirt." Adelie asked, "That not being a good listener?"
And here is Adelie's bedtime prayer the other night:
"Thank you for Jesus and Mommy and my belly button."
And thank you for this little girl.
I love her from head to toe...including her belly button.
