I love how Staley is so sure of herself. I love how she makes friends wherever she goes. I love how she loves to help around the house and with her little brother and sister. I love her big imagination, her ability to entertain herself, and her love of reading. I love her caring nature and how in-tune she is to how others are feeling. I love her big heart and her thoughtfulness.
I do not love how slow Staley is to get things done. I do not love how she has been talking in a baby voice and putting her fingers in her mouth and acting shy around people. I do not love how Staley insists on calling her sister Addie, and how I know she's doing it because she knows that we don't want her to. I do not love how Staley will sometimes mope and sulk when people don't want to play how she wants them to play.
But I sure do love this girl!
I love how Adelie is so enthusiastic about life. I love the cute way she talks. I love how she is very sweet about giving people compliments. I love how she is comfortable around people and makes friends easily. I love how she is so easy-going, shares so nicely, and is generally happy to follow along with Staley's plans. I love how she gets so excited about doing 'big girl' things like wearing underpants, using "spitty toothpaste", drinking from a cup without a lid, and going to Sunday School. I love her big hugs and sweet kisses.
I do not love how Adelie is constantly moving and climbing and hanging on us and has a hard time keeping her hands to herself. I do not love how she does things like spreading her yogurt all over herself or putting things in her mouth or climbing on things, just to get a reaction from us. I do not love how she generally resists using the potty when we ask her to, even when we know she needs to go. I do not love how Adelie is prone to her toddler tears over ridiculous things.
But I sure do love this girl!
I do not love how Briggs still wakes up regularly through the night, every night. I do not love how he continues to spit up all over everyone and everything. I do not love how Briggs will throw a massive screaming, crying fit when we put him down and he wants to be held...and how it immediately stops as soon as you pick him up.
But I sure do love this boy!
I love my kids. My heart is full every time I think about them. I love them with every ounce of my being and can't imagine loving them anymore than I do right now. But my kids are not perfect. There are things about them right now that I do not love. That works well, because I am definitely not perfect either. And I sure do love my perfectly imperfect family.


