The transition to Staley's all day, every day Kindergarten schedule has been rough...on Adelie. She can't really verbalize her specific feelings. I know she misses her sister. I know she is jealous of all the new things that Staley is doing. I know her days seem emptier, lonelier, and less fun without Staley to play with. I know that Adelie doesn't have the capacity at 3 to understand and verbalize these feelings. She has been doing what 3 year olds do when life throws them a curveball. Driving me crazy! Since Staley started school, we've had lots more Adelie tears, Adelie not-listening, Adelie boundary-pushing, Adelie sassiness, Adelie defiance, Adelie attitude.
And so the question of the day:
If I just sent Adelie to school all day with Staley, do you think anyone would notice? Because I think it would make at least 2 of us a lot happier.
I sure do love this little gal, but she's wearing me out!
Here's hoping this phase passes quickly.
Very, very quickly.