Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Sunday, June 3, 2018

They Say...

The other day we were driving by a Taco Bell.  The kids asked what it was.

Me:  "It's a restaurant called Taco Bell.
Adelie:  "Do they sell tacos?"
Me:  "Yep."
Adelie:  "Do they sell bells?"

Ummmm....no.


When we are going somewhere, the kids always point out people on motorcycles and comment on whether or not they are wearing a helmet.  Yesterday we saw a man riding his motorcycle and Briggs pointed out that he was wearing a helmet.  I commented that wearing a helmet was a very safe decision.

Adelie:  "But he could still break his leg if he's wearing a helmet."
Me:  "That's true, but I'd rather break my leg than my head."
Adelie:  "Why?"
Me:  "Well, what's inside your head?"
Briggs:  "Bones and blood."
Me:  "True, but there's something else important inside your head that a helmet helps protect."
Staley:  "Your brain."
Me:  "That's right.  You wear a helmet to protect your brain."
Briggs:  "You have a brain in your knee too."
Me:  "Nope.  You only have one brain and it's in your head."
Briggs:  "You have bones and blood in your knee."
Me:  "True."
Briggs:  "You have bones and blood in your leg and your arm and your hand."
Me:  "True.  You have bones and blood in your whole body."
Briggs:  "And you have earwax in your ear."

#anatomylessonsbybriggs

I always want to protect this little boy and his amazing brain.

Staley had a sleepover the other night with her cousin.  I got a text from Jill, stating that Staley had just informed her that she was the best athlete in our whole family.  I responded, reminding her that Staley's closest competition was 2 years younger than her.  Jill replied again, letting me know that Staley was including Zach and I in that hierarchy as well.

Oh, this girl and her confidence.