Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Thursday, July 5, 2018

4th of July

I won't say that the 4th of July is my favorite holiday, but it is one that I always look forward to with great anticipation.  I think part of my enjoyment is that we have a tradition that includes fun, family, food, festive wear, and fireworks.  What's not to love about that???

The kids look forward to time spent with cousins.  Another tradition?  The 4th of July cousin photo op.

The parade is always a winner.

Briggs loved pointing out all the vehicles in the parade.  He did cover his ears for the firetruck sirens and the fireworks, but seemed to enjoy both the parade and the fireworks despite the loud noises.

Adelie was too excited about collecting as much parade candy as she possibly could to pay much attention the parade itself.  (You'd think they'd learn that, once home, all the candy goes into a community bag and most of it gets taken to their parents' work anyway.)  Adelie loved all the glow jewelry, enjoyed playing with cousins, and liked the fireworks--although she was also a firetruck/fireworks ear coverer this year too.

Staley had a rough start to the day since her shorts didn't feel quite right.  However, she recovered nicely and had a great time playing with her cousins.  Although she has progressed past needing to cover her ears for most things, I did notice that we were 3 for 3 on ear covering during the fireworks finale.  

I loved the parade, the food, the time spent with family, and the fireworks.  I didn't cover my ears at all, although I did spend part of my fireworks viewing time covering Briggs' ears for him.  

All in all, it was another wonderful 4th!