Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Friday, November 2, 2018

They Say...

Asking Adelie to use the restroom before we go somewhere is a constant struggle as she never ever, ever, ever has to go the bathroom...until she does.  The other day we had this conversation:

Me:  "Adelie, we're getting ready to go.  I need you to go potty and put on your shoes."
Adelie:  "I just went."
Me:  "Really?  When?"
Adelie:  "This morning during breakfast."
Me:  "Well, now it's afternoon so I need you to go again."
*sigh*

Briggs was a fire fighter for Halloween.  Adelie was talking to him about putting out fires.  We had this conversation:

Adelie:  "If your clothes get on fire, all you have to do is run, jump, and roll."  
 Me:  "Do you mean stop, drop, and roll?"  
Adelie:  "Oh yeah.  Maybe the running is what you are not supposed to do."
#closebutnotreally


Briggs often adds an 'ies' to the end of words when talking.  He always asks for huggies or kissies or snuggies. Yesterday, Briggs had the hiccups.  He came into the kitchen and told me, "Mommy, I've got hickies."  
#letsnotsaythat

This morning Briggs asked for shredded wheat for breakfast.  He asked, "Would it be fine if I just eat the frosting part?"
#no

The other day Briggs drew a picture of a bus.  It had windows and circles in the windows for the heads of the people riding the bus.  It was his best picture ever.  I said, "Are you going to put eyes and nose and mouths on the people in the bus?"  Briggs responded, "No because they are not looking out the window.  They are looking inside at the driver."


Briggs has stayed dry every night for the past week or so.  This morning I told him, "You are dry again!  Great job!!  Pretty soon you can wear underpants to bed instead of a pull-up.  And maybe when you stop wearing a pull-up to bed, you can also stop wearing hand socks.  What do you think?"  Briggs responded, "No thanks.  I will wear hand socks until I am a little grown up, like Staley and Adelie.  Then I will be brave enough."
#handsocksforayear
#butatleasthedoesntsuckhisthumb