Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Monday, December 24, 2018

Question of the Day

It's Christmas Eve.  We had nothing on our schedule for today.  I was looking forward to a nice, quiet, stay-at-home day with the kids.  I thought we'd play.  Maybe get our Christmas cards ready to send out.  Perhaps even sneak in a little nap.  Snuggle on the couch to watch a Christmas movie.  It was not my intention to be overly productive or ambitious today.

When Staley woke up this morning, she exclaimed, "It's Christmas Eve and we haven't decorated Christmas cookies yet!"  I pointed out that we had made other Christmas treats.  That we've gotten Christmas cookies from other people.  That we have more than enough Christmas sweets in the house to last us long past the new year.

So the question of the day:  Was I able to convince my daughter that we didn't really need to bake and frost and bust out the sprinkles today??

The answer...


of course...

is no.

On the plus side, the sprinkles all over the dining room floor make the house look a little more festive.