My kids love Disney. Many people assume we go to Disney for the kids. There is truth to that. But the bigger truth is that I love Disney too. Would I go to Disney without my kids? You bet! I'm sure some of the magic would be lost when I'm not seeing everything through the eyes of my children, but I truly love everything Disney. I love the rides. I love the characters. I love the parades and the fireworks and the shows. I love the hotels and the restaurants. I love the hospitality and the cleanliness and (most of) the people we encounter. I'm a Disney kid at heart.
Part of my love is in the planning. Going on vacations is one of my favorite things, but another of my favorite things is planning vacations. Disney is the ultimate when it comes to vacation planning. I get to research and determine when we want to go and where we want to stay and what restaurants we want to eat at and what rides we want to Fast Pass. I get to figure out what park to visit each day and how to maximize our time and efficiency when we are there. The time and effort I put into planning makes me appreciate and enjoy the vacation that much more.
Zach and I have a great partnership in many areas of our lives, but Disney is another example of how well we compliment each other. Zach enjoys Disney, but not to the same level that I do. However, he's a willing participant in all the plans that I make. We work well together to get the kids up and going each morning. We have mastered the art of the divide-and-conquer when the kids want to do different things at the same time. Since Zach gets motion sick, I am generally in charge of roller coasters and spinning rides. Zach, however, is always game for a family ride or show or character meet and greet. The Star Wars characters are always on his agenda. He loves (and is very good at) Toy Story Mania. He's always willing to take one more spin on the Little Mermaid ride or Dumbo or the Magic Carpets. One of his favorite things is simply enjoying his kids' favorite rides with them.
You can't really see him, but Briggs is in this picture too.
Disney love is not just relegated to the kids in the family. A big part of our vacation enjoyment comes from watching the enthusiasm and joy that being at Disney brings to our children. This is why Zach loves our Disney family vacations. However, another part of the enjoyment for me comes from just being at Disney...doing my favorite rides or watching my favorite shows or meeting my favorite characters or eating at my favorite restaurants. It's not just about the kids. I love Disney too.
We are a Disney family!


