For the past month or so, the girls have been asking to have a "Briggy sleep-over" where they can build a blanket fort and they can all sleep in it together in their room. I wasn't sure how it would go, but we decided to give it a try last night. We spent 30 minutes or so making a really cool blanket fort and making a cozy place for them to sleep. The kids were SO excited. We got them all tucked in and Zach and I headed downstairs. About 15 minutes later, Staley came downstairs a little teary to let us know that she didn't want to sleep in the fort and just wanted to sleep in her bed. I went up and tucked her into her own bed. About 10 minutes after that, Adelie came downstairs and said the blanket fort was too dark and she, too, wanted to just sleep in her own bed. Zach took her upstairs and tucked her into her own bed. Just a few minutes later, Briggs came down asking if he could sleep in bed with Adelie. We said sure. That lasted all of about 5 minutes before Briggs was crying about Adelie kicking him in the bed. I went back upstairs and told Briggs that Adelie's bed was probably just too small for two people. He could either get back in the fort or sleep in his own bed. He decided that he was just going to sleep in his own bed too. I walked Briggs back to his room thinking that this whole Briggy sleep-over thing turned out to be a big bust. But as I was tucking him into his bed, Briggs told me, "That was a REALLY fun sleep-over."
Bust or success?
I guess it's all about perspective.
