Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Running Camp

All 3 kids attended a summer running camp put on by the Eureka College Cross Country team.  They went every Thursday evening for running based activities that culminated in a short race to end the session.  So on a hot summer evening two weeks ago, all 3 kids participated in their end of camp race.

Briggs ran the .2 mile short dash...and won!  He was first out of the 7 participants, including some that were older than him.  He was very pleased!  As this was the same course that he ran during the Run with Reagan kids dash last fall, he mused, "I get first every time I do this race."  I guess 2 for 2 is a good start.

Adelie and Staley both ran the 1.2 mile long run.  Adelie placed 6th out of 11 kids with a time of 10:49.  All but one of the kids who placed in front of her were older than her and she was pleased with her performance.

Staley was 5th in the long run, finishing 16 seconds in front of Adelie with a time of 10:33.  I was proud of all 3 of my kids working hard and doing their best throughout the summer and on this hot evening.

Running camp was a fun addition to our summer schedule this year.  I love that all 3 kids enjoy running and push themselves to do hard things.  I'm proud of them for the work they put in at running camp throughout the summer and for finishing the summer...and the race...strong.