I love our school district. I love our teachers. I love the community of kids and families that we share the school journey with. I love that our school board and administration hold the same values that our family does. That our community does. I love that the school focuses not only on academics, but also on teaching our kids the importance of responsibility. Respect. Perseverance. Service. I love the opportunities that the school offers for parent involvement and partnership. I love the variety of extra activities that are provided. And I love the way that the teachers invest in my kids.
All 3 of my kids have had a great start to the school year. They are enjoying their classes, their teachers, their activities, their friends, their learning. Each day when I ask Briggs how his day was, he always either answers with "Great!" or "Two thumbs up." And I have no doubt that his teacher making an effort to know him and to affirm him is a big part of that.
And this is one of the reasons why I love our school!
