Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Thursday, October 6, 2022

Good-bye, September!

September was a busy month full of activities and school obligations, friends and events, beautiful weather and fun outdoor activities to take advantage of it.

I helped out with pizza continents for Adelie's class.  And even though I did not thoroughly read the directions and, thus, our group had to start over once I realized my mistake, I felt like the life lesson of the importance of knowing the plan before you start was much more important than actually making the pizza crust correctly the first time.

Staley and I had a special night out to see the NTA high school group perform 'The Addams Family' musical while Zach took the littles to the high school football game.

Staley always loves seeing her NTA friends perform.

We enjoyed a fun evening in Germantown at the Community Bash with Uncle Rob and Lila.  Since we knew Lila and Staley would be running around with Lila's friends, Adelie and Briggs both invited a friend to join them for the evening of fun.  Dava and Bristol had a great time too.  

Staley ran around with Lila and Lila's friends for the whole evening, so we saw very little of them.

Some of the favorite Community Bash activities were still there like the fire and police demonstrations, exotic animal petting zoo, balloon animals, face paint, hayrack ride, inflatables, and, of course, the fireworks.

The Community Bash has become an annual tradition for us with the Bradfords, so it was fun to continue that.

Staley and Maggie, her friend and partner from Penguin Project, enjoyed an afternoon of rides at the Pumpkin Festival and dinner at Culver's before rehearsal one evening.

We enjoyed watching the Homecoming Parade with friends.  Staley was in the parade with Student Council, but Briggs and Adelie both had friends who joined us to watch the parade.

We also enjoyed the Homecoming football game.  The kids paid no attention to the game, but had plenty of fun hanging out with friends.

Briggs performed in the Monarch Program for school.  He knew all his songs and motions, and also was able to release one of the four butterflies that hatched from the caterpillars he found.

Staley spent a few hours one afternoon helping with our church's youth group car wash.

All 3 kids participated in the Run with Reagan run.  Briggs ran the .2 mile kids dash and placed 4th.

The girls both ran in the 5K.  Staley finished in a time of 30:55 and Adelie (and I) finished in a time of 32:20.  These were both personal best 5K times for the girls (of the 3 5Ks they have now run).  Since Zach's company was timing the event, Staley ran on her own and I ran with Adelie.

Staley finished 1st in her age group (14 and under), edging out the 2nd place girl with a last minute sprint to the finish line.  Adelie was 3rd in the age group.

I chaperoned Briggs' 2nd grade field trip to Tanner's Orchard.

The kids had lots of fun.  They got to take a hayrack ride, pick a few apples, tour the facility, taste donuts and cider, and play on the playground.

Zach and I attended a wedding of one of my co-workers.

Even though I knew exactly 2 people and Zach knew 0, we still had a fun time.

We've also enjoyed playdates with friends and neighbors,...

the start of the NFL season...

cheering on cousins at their cross country meet...

more Rising Stars performances...

and going apple picking.

September was a full, fun, busy, beautiful month.  The weather was the perfect kick-off to fall and made all of our outdoor activities better.  Here's hoping October follows suit.