Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Thursday, July 10, 2025

Ummmm....

This morning, the kids and I cleaned the house.  We got everything picked up and put away where it belongs.  We dusted, vacuumed, steam mopped, and got the bathrooms and kitchen cleaned.  It looked great, and it went fairly quickly with everyone pitching in and doing their part.  After the cleaning was done, the kids had friends over for the afternoon.  Staley, Adelie, and their friend just hung out in Staley's room and talked.  Briggs and his friend played in his room, the living room, the basement, the deck, the backyard, the driveway.  Toys, stuffed animals, laundry baskets, couch cushions, pillows, chairs, sprinklers, scooters, towels, spoons, and snack containers marked their course as I could literally track exactly where they had been by the disarray they left behind.

On the way home from dropping off Briggs' friend, I told Briggs, "When we get home, you need to clean up the mess you and Bryli made.  You need to clean up the driveway, back porch, living room, your room, and the basement."  In a huff, Briggs' replied, "Why do I have to do ALL the chores?"

Ummmm....