The fact that my imaginative little gal starts each day as a different character isn't surprising. But I find it pretty amazing that she can stay in character all day long. (It is not uncommon, however, for her to change from one character to another during the course of a day.) She'll consistently correct me if I refer to her as 'Staley'. I can't tell you how often I've heard her say, "I'm not Staley. I'm _______." The other day, Staley was Rapunzel. We were in the playroom and Staley wanted to put on her purple princess dress and a tiara. Then she looked in the mirror wearing all her Rapunzel garb and exclaimed, "I look just like...(long pause)...myself." (I know she was planning to say Rapunzel, but I loved the fact that, since she was Rapunzel, she simply noted that she looked like herself.)
Our days are never dull. And whether I'm enjoying time with a mermaid or using my icy powers or simply dancing at a ball, I know I can count on
She's not Staley. She's Anna.