Tonight as we were driving home from Peoria, Staley and I had several funny conversations.
As we were driving along, Staley pointed out another van on the road. She said, "That van is bigger than ours. And darker." I agreed with her, and then started a game where I would ask if things were bigger or smaller than our van. I'd ask, "Is a mouse bigger than our van?" or "Is a whale bigger than our van?" or "Is a train bigger than our van?" Staley thought this game was funny, and answered correctly which things were bigger or smaller than our van. In a moment of inspiration, Staley said, "I know something that's bigger than our van." Interested, I asked, "What?" She responded happily, "YOU!" (And that's why I'm resisting the urge to get myself a bowl of ice cream right now.)
Staley: "When Adelie gets bigger, she will ride in my carseat and I will ride in a new pink carseat."
Me: "That's true. Adelie will get too big for her carseat soon and then she can ride in yours and we will have to get you a new one."
Staley: "Yes. I am getting too big for my carseat because I'm 3 and my carseat is a 2T."
Staley was in the backseat and yawned really big.
Me: "That was a big yawn. Are you tired?"
Staley: "I'm not tired. I'm just worn out."