The other night at bedtime, I was saying bedtime prayers with the girls. In my prayer, I thanked God for our house and our food and our clothes. After I was done, Adelie responded, "Well, everybody has a house." I explained that there are people who do not have a house or food to eat or enough clothes to wear. Thinking about this, Adelie said, "Well if they don't have a house, where do they sleep?" I told her that some people have to sleep outside on benches or sidewalks or on the ground. Then I explained about homeless shelters, telling her that homeless shelters are big buildings with lots of beds where people can go to sleep when they don't have a house. After explaining this, Adelie exclaimed, "Uncle Ethan lives in one of those!"
Nope, Adelie. He lives in an apartment.
Big building? Yes. Lots of beds? Presumably. Homeless? Not so much.
Love this girl and how she's always making me look at things in a new way.