Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Monday, January 1, 2018

Hello 2018!

There are big ways to say good-bye to a great year.  Watching the ball drop in Times Square.  Going out with friends.  Hosting a big party.  Traveling.  But as I spent my New Year's Eve on the couch with my husband, I said good-bye to 2017 in my own way.  I cuddled with the man I love.  I savored the silence of my 3 soundly sleeping children.  I took the night off from folding laundry to just relax and reflect on how blessed my life is.  And even though I had to say my good-byes to 2017 around 11:30 (since I didn't quite make it to midnight), I am so appreciative for the healthy, happy, fun-filled year we had.


There are big ways to say hello to a new year.  Fun family outings.  Grand resolutions.  Races.  Polar plunges.  But we welcomed our new year with a warm, fun, lazy day at home (while the frigid negative degree weather stayed safely outside.)  We cuddled and read books together.   Stayed in our PJs all day.  Ate chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast so late that we just skipped lunch.  The kids played really nicely together.  I cleaned out and organized.  It was a perfect way to spend the first day of this new year.  And I resolve to enjoy many more of these kind of days in 2018...with the family that I love!

Happy New Year!!