Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Thursday, May 2, 2019

Good-Bye, April!

Along with our big things like birthdays, Spring Break, and Easter, these things happened in March and April as well:

I took the kids rock climbing with some of their cousins.  Both girls did better and climbed higher than when we went for Staley's birthday.  Staley made it to the top of several walls.

Adelie made it higher than she had before although she still didn't want to go too high.

And Briggs?  Well, this was about as far as he climbed...and then he lost interest and did a lot of whining about being bored and wanting to leave.  Maybe he wasn't quite ready.

I took Briggs (and his friend Grace) to their pre-school field trip at the Bloomington children's museum.

They played at the museum, did some special activities related to dinosaurs, and had lots of fun together.

We topped off their fun day with lunch (and ice cream) at Culver's and a play date at home.  So fun!!

Staley got to celebrate her friend Lilian's birthday with a sleep-over.  This was her first time sleeping over at a friend's house.  They had a great time!!

Briggs and I took advantage of one of the few nice spring days we've had to go to the Bloomington zoo with cousins.

Next fall our cousin day dates will be down to 2 kids when Caroline starts Kindergarten.  Time is going too quickly!

Zach took the girls to the grade school carnival.  He spent the evening with Adelie while Staley spent most of the time going around with her friends.  And so it begins.

Briggs wasn't feeling well so he didn't get to go to the carnival.  I took one for the team and snuggled on the couch with my boy to watch a movie instead of spending my evening standing in lines in a loud, crowded, hot, crazy-full school.  Oh, the sacrifices I make for my family.  :)

Briggs got to have a play date with one of his friends after pre-school one day.  He thought he was big stuff!

Zach and I enjoyed a grown-up night out with dinner and a concert with one of my favorite bands.

I got to enjoy a fun day with this sweet girl when I joined her for her Kindergarten field trip to the Bloomington children's museum and a playground.

 
This was probably one of the easiest field trips I've ever done.  I was in charge of these 3 girls, but both their moms ended up coming too.  Three adults to three kids?  I can handle that ratio.

Adelie had so much fun spending the day with her best friend, Aizlee.

The museum was fun and the weather was beautiful for an afternoon at the park.

I love getting to be a part of these fun memories for my kids.

And I loved getting to spend the day with my sweet girl!

We watched Briggs perform in his pre-school spring program.  After so many plays and programs he's gone to for the girls, it was fun that he had his moment to shine.

He knew all his songs and all the motions and sang out proudly.  I think my favorite moment was when he started spinning around too early in one of his songs and then got so dizzy that he couldn't stand up and fell over.  

He loves pre-school and his sweet teacher, Ms. Stork.

And his friends, like Keiko.

And although it's been a primarily cold, rainy, and/or windy spring, we've had a handful of nice days where we can play outside and enjoy some springtime fun.

Love these kiddos and the way they keep my life full and fun.
Good-bye, April.  Thanks for the memories.