Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Thursday, May 30, 2019

Realization of the Day

Today I woke up and wasn't able to talk.  My voice is mostly gone and I'm only able to speak at barely above a whisper.  And I've realized that I actually can be that soft-spoken, serene-seeming mother who gets down at eye level to correct her children and never raises her voice.  However, I've also realized that I have to snap my fingers or clap my hands at my children like trained zoo animals in order to get their attention since my barely there voice can't be heard above all the noise that is the norm at my house.  And in order to tell them that it's time to go or that lunch is ready or to let them know I'm in the laundry room while they are incessently yelling my name over and over again, I have to leave what I'm doing in order to walk through the house to find them.  So at least for today I'm that calm, serene, soft-spoken mother who is getting more exercise and getting less accomplished around the house.  And I've realized that I'd rather just be me.  So hopefully tomorrow you'll be able to hear me holler up the stairs for my kids to hurry up...because that's just who I am.